i built an owl from old clothes and stuffed him with seams.
creator of all sorts of things.
- 11,655 weird little dinosaurs
i made this for my cousin’s daughter for her 4th birthday. i started on thursday and finished up on friday night. i think it took around 5 or 6 hours because i am slow and fussy. the wings took forever but i love them a lot. i didn’t have a plan when i was starting this, but do i ever have a plan?
all of the pink material is from a scarf that my cousin brittany (addy’s aunt) gave to me last week. it’s super soft and addison really likes it :)
i made this ipod case for my friend kyle in exchange for scribblenauts!
this is the back. it’s sort of plain.
i’ve been dying to post pictures forever. it’s really hard to schedule hangouts. i was supposed to make this case for kyle’s birthday in december, but i procrastinated a lot. i guess it didn’t really matter since i haven’t seen him since like november anyway, lol. but we all hung out the other day at dan’s and we made the exchange finally :D
i’ve been thinking about this ipod case all week.
i’ve been imagining a sweet little face with little black eyes and a pink heart nose and little round ears.
i’ve been dreaming about a big orange mane and sweet little tail.
i knew it wouldn’t be hard to translate this to felt. the pieces basically cut themselves out (the tail fluff actually did; i found it in my cutout felt leftovers pile and it was perfect) but the sewing kind of went all wrong. i sewed the pieces in the wrong order many times and had undo a few parts, after i had already finished stitching them up completely. i had to put it down at one point, and i finally picked it back up today and finished it off.
this case has a double layer of felt on the back because i stitched the arms to the original back, rather than the front under the mane. i had sewn the mane on first, without thinking that the arms needed to be stitched on first so their stitches could be hidden under the mane. i also stitched the tail to the back (don’t get me wrong, this is where it should be, but it didn’t look very good from the back), so i had to put another layer on top to hide all of these ugly parts. i still have to stitch on a strap and a button (another thing i forgot), but for now, he is mostly done : )
have a happy weekend : )